Booking Info & Covid-19 Update
Covid-19 update - 25th September 2020
Following further review from the Scottish Government, the one household restriction for private homes will now also apply to self catering properties. For further details, please click here to see a statement from the Association of Scottish Self Caterers.
You will find full details of the new restrictions here.
If your party comprises one household we will ask you to confirm this in writing by email.
This will be reviewed subject to further government guidance.
Covid-19 update - 22nd July 2020
We gained our 'Good to Go' status last week and are happy to be open for our lovely guests. We are now taking bookings for all our accommodation.
We always look forward to guests arriving at Kirkwall Apartments. 2020 has been a huge challenge for everyone and as we reopen we’re delighted to be welcoming returning guests and first time visitors alike. We wish to continue giving our guests full confidence in our already high standards of operation, including changeovers, cleaning and guest support. Your wellbeing and satisfaction is always a priority to us.
Due to the current situation we've amended our cancellation policy as follows:
For any new bookings made from 26th June 2020: If lockdown is extended or reintroduced and we need to remain closed or close again we’ll reschedule or refund bookings that we cannot honour due to government restrictions.
We shall be following the cleaning guidelines established by our industry body Association of Scottish Self Caterers and you may view these here.
Changeover days for new bookings can be flexible and the usual high season Friday or Saturday changeovers will not need to be adhered to. Availability on our booking system will reflect this.
We will constantly be reviewing our policies in line with Scottish Government updates and ASSC standards and any updates will be posted here.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of your stay before booking please get in touch. Otherwise please feel free to check the calendar and book online to secure your dates.
Booking Terms & Conditions
All accommodation is available year round. Normally during the busy summer months (April to September) lets are on a weekly basis, with set changeover days. (Changeover days and length of stay may be more flexible in 2021, depending on government restrictions etc). The rest of the year we normally accept bookings for 4 nights or more, arriving/departing any day of the week!
High Season changeover days 2021:
- Broad Street Gardens Apartments: 1, 4, 5, 6, 7 and the Townhouse have a Saturday changeover. Apartments 2, 3 and 8 have a Friday changeover.
- Shaalder Apartments: Muckle Green Holm, Gairsay & Copinsay have a Saturday changeover
In normal circumstances check in is any time after 4.00pm, check out time is by 10.00am.
PLEASE NOTE, due to the exceptional Covid-19 cleaning protocols in place for the foreseeable future, changeovers are taking considerably longer to complete. Whilst Covid-19 restrictions are in place, our check in/out times may be amended as follows: Check in after 6pm, check out by 9.30am.
We are trying our very best to turn properties around as quickly as possible.
We operate self check in on site with the necessary access information and codes made available prior to arrival.
MULTIPLE WEEK STAYS
Normally if more than one consecutive week is booked, towels and linen will be changed on a weekly basis. This will be done on the morning of the normal changeover day for each apartment after 10am.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to our Covid-19 protocols, whilst restrictions are still in place we cannot enter a property occupied by guests unless an emergency arises. For guests staying multiple weeks we will supply fresh linen and towels to be changed out by guests.
Broad Street Gardens Apartments
There is a private off street car park with space for one vehicle per apartment. To help ensure that all guests have access to their space, we have a parking permit system in place. Permits will be in the apartment on arrival and must be displayed in each vehicle when it is parked in the Broad Street Gardens car park.
There is no designated parking at this property. There is free on street parking and a long stay car park on Great Western Road, plus some short stay car parks close by.
We operate a strict no smoking policy throughout all accommodation.
We regret that we do not have the facility to accommodate any pets.
We require 30% deposit to reserve your stay with us. This is payable on booking and includes a non-refundable £60 management fee. The balance is payable one month prior to the check in date, as well as a security deposit of £100 for each apartment booked. This security deposit is refundable within 7 days of departure by the same means the original payment was made - provided that the accommodation has been left in a clean and tidy condition without damages.
To minimise inconvenience and cost of cancelled bookings, guests are strongly advised to have UK travel insurance in place. Cancellation by the lead guest must be made in writing (incl. via email) as soon as possible. If the cancellation is received:
- Any time prior to arrival date, when due to UK/Scottish government Coronavirus legal restrictions e.g. local/national lockdown, we will offer to change your booking to a mutually agreed date, a credit voucher for the full value of payments made or a refund of all payments made minus the £60 management fee.
- More than 60 days before the arrival date, for any reason, the guest receives a full refund of all payments made minus the £60 management fee.
- Less than 60 days from the arrival date, for any reason affecting the guest other than government legal Coronavirus restrictions, the guest receives no refund of payments made other than the security deposit unless we can rebook the property for cancelled dates, in which case the cancelling guest will receive a refund equating to the value of the replacement booking up to the value of their booking payments, minus the £60 management fee. Reasons include illness, self-isolation or coronavirus-related multiple household restrictions. To cover such circumstances, guests are strongly advised to have UK travel insurance in place.
We will do our best to return lost property to you. Please be aware that whilst our Covid-19 cleaning protocols are in place there are some personal items like razors, shavers, toothbrushes and toiletries that we will now destroy.
All keys are carefully sanitized before being left in key safes before your arrival. One set of apartment keys are kept on site in a numbered key safe. Please return keys to the key safe at check out. Any keys not returned will incur a £20.00 charge deductible
We would be grateful if you could inform us of any significant breakages or damage to the accommodation or its contents prior to departure. This will allow us to make provision for our new arrivals. Not reporting accidental breakages or damage may result in partial or complete loss of your security deposit.
COVID-19 CLEANING PROTOCOLS
We always strive to maintain extremely high standards of cleanliness in all our properties. Our cleaners are implementing extra hygiene procedures during changeovers in line with advice taken from the Scottish Government and our professional body the Association of Scottish Self Caterers. To help us protect our cleaners, we’d greatly appreciate if you’d do the following before check out:
- Please strip beds before departure and place linen in fabric bag provided.
- Please empty all bins and place tied bags in correct external waste bin.
- For multiple week stays, we will leave fresh bedding and towels in the property for guests who wish to change it. Please place used items in the linen bag provided, tie it and get in touch to arrange collection.
Although we always endeavour to honour every booking, we reserve the right to cancel in the case of the property being damaged or becoming otherwise unsuitable to accommodate your holiday. If this occurs, all moneys paid will be returned. If any additional costs are incurred this will be a matter for your holiday insurance arrangements. We strongly suggest you have adequate holiday insurance before you begin your trip.