Booking Terms & Conditions
All accommodation is available year round. Normally during the busy summer months (April to September) lets are on a weekly basis, with set changeover days. The rest of the year we normally accept bookings for 4 nights or more, arriving/departing any day of the week!
High Season changeover days 2022:
- Broad Street Gardens Apartments: 1, 4, 5, 6, 7 and the Townhouse have a Saturday changeover. Apartments 2, 3 and 8 have a Friday changeover.
- Shaalder Apartments: Muckle Green Holm, Gairsay & Copinsay have a Friday changeover
In normal circumstances check in is any time after 4.00pm, check out time is by 10.00am.
We operate self check in on site with the necessary access information and codes made available prior to arrival.
MULTIPLE WEEK STAYS
Normally if more than one consecutive week is booked, towels and linen will be changed on a weekly basis. This will be done on the morning of the normal changeover day for each apartment after 10am.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to our Covid-19 protocols, whilst restrictions are still in place guests staying multiple weeks we be supplied with fresh linen and towels to change at their own convenience.
Broad Street Gardens Apartments
There is a private off street car park with space for one vehicle per apartment. To help ensure that all guests have access to their space, we have a parking permit system in place. Permits will be in the apartment on arrival and must be displayed in each vehicle when it is parked in the Broad Street Gardens car park.
There is no designated parking at this property. There is free on street parking and a long stay car park on Great Western Road, plus some short stay car parks close by.
We operate a strict no smoking policy throughout all accommodation.
We regret that we do not have the facility to accommodate any pets.
We require 30% deposit to reserve your stay with us. This is payable on booking and includes a non-refundable £60 management fee. The balance is payable one month prior to the check in date, as well as a security deposit of £100 for each apartment booked. This security deposit is refundable within 7 days of departure by the same means the original payment was made - provided that the accommodation has been left in a clean and tidy condition without damages.
To minimise inconvenience and cost of cancelled bookings, guests are strongly advised to have UK travel insurance in place. Cancellation by the lead guest must be made in writing (incl. via email) as soon as possible. If the cancellation is received:
- Any time prior to arrival date, when due to UK/Scottish government Coronavirus legal restrictions e.g. local/national lockdown, we will offer to change your booking to a mutually agreed date, a credit voucher for the full value of payments made or a refund of all payments made minus the £60 management fee.
- More than 60 days before the arrival date, for any reason, the guest receives a full refund of all payments made minus the £60 management fee.
- Less than 60 days from the arrival date, for any reason affecting the guest other than government legal Coronavirus restrictions, the guest receives no refund of payments made other than the security deposit unless we can rebook the property for cancelled dates, in which case the cancelling guest will receive a refund equating to the value of the replacement booking up to the value of their booking payments, minus the £60 management fee. Reasons include illness, self-isolation or coronavirus-related multiple household restrictions. To cover such circumstances, guests are strongly advised to have UK travel insurance in place.
We will do our best to return lost property to you. Please be aware that whilst our Covid-19 cleaning protocols are in place there are some personal items like razors, shavers, toothbrushes and toiletries that we will not retain.
All keys are sanitized before being left in key safes before your arrival. One set of apartment keys are kept on site in a numbered key safe. Please return keys to the key safe at check out. Any keys not returned will incur a £20.00 charge deductible
We would be grateful if you could inform us of any significant breakages or damage to the accommodation or its contents prior to departure. This will allow us to make provision for our new arrivals. Not reporting accidental breakages or damage may result in partial or complete loss of your security deposit.
COVID-19 CLEANING PROTOCOLS
We always strive to maintain extremely high standards of cleanliness in all our properties. Our cleaners are implementing extra hygiene procedures during changeovers in line with advice taken from the Scottish Government and our professional body the Association of Scottish Self Caterers. To help us protect our cleaners, we’d greatly appreciate if you’d do the following before check out:
- Please strip beds before departure and place linen in fabric bag provided.
- Please empty all bins and place tied bags in correct external waste bin.
- For multiple week stays, we will leave fresh bedding and towels in the property for guests who wish to change it. Please place used items in the linen bag provided, tie it and get in touch to arrange collection.
Although we always endeavour to honour every booking, we reserve the right to cancel in the case of the property being damaged or becoming otherwise unsuitable to accommodate your holiday. If this occurs, all moneys paid will be returned. If any additional costs are incurred this will be a matter for your holiday insurance arrangements. We strongly suggest you have adequate holiday insurance before you begin your trip.